Let’s be honest, saving money isn’t as fun as spending money. To keep things entertaining, GreatDealsMadeEasy.com has collaborated with some of the leading UK money bloggers who have each shared a money-themed joke they’ve heard or made up, along with useful summer saving tips, enjoy!
See below 10 money-saving jokes and summer saving tips from the leading UK money bloggers:
1. Let’s start with GreatDealsMadeEasy.com
“To this day, the boy that used to bully me at school still takes my lunch money. On the plus side, he makes great Subway sandwiches.”
Saving Tip: This summer, prepare your food on a Sunday night, so you don’t need to spend £5 a day each workday on a Subway sandwich. This amounts to £100 each month you can save or spend on other things. Imagine a nice weekend trip over the summer with the family.
2. Katy from Katykicker “Money isn’t everything, but it makes your children stay in touch!”
Saving Tip: This summer look for free activities locally. Libraries have activities, as do local museums and even parks. Their local park has an outdoor gym, as well as animals to visit and two separate parks, including a fully accessible one for all abilities.
3. Sara from Debt Camel “ I told my friend I have a huge water bill and he sent me a “Get Well” card”
Saving Tip: If the number of people in the house is the same or less than the number of bedrooms, you will probably save money by switching to a water meter. For more of her article, click here.
4. Jo and Leisa (twin sisters) from Joleisa “Who runs the world?…Girls. And annoying boys with money help girls too”.
Saving Tip: Set your kids a challenge to come up with 10 free and fun things to do outdoors this summer. You might just be amazed at the ideas you couldn’t come up with.
5. Victoria Sully from Lyliarose “A boy asked his father, ‘Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?’ Father replied, ‘I don’t know son, I’m still paying’.”
Saving Tip: If you’re on a budget for your wedding then look at Wowcher for wedding package deals near you, that can save a small fortune! You can also make your own decorations or choose pre-loved ones to keep costs down. Find more tips to make your wedding cheaper here.
6. Claire Roach from Daily Deals UK “I have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of my life……provided I die next week“
Saving Tip: Always make sure you plan your budget each week and allow for savings. Online and printable budget planners can really help you keep check of what you have coming in and going out each month so you can decide what is realistic to save.
7. Simon Donald from Pennies For the Piggy Bank “What leads most people into debt? … Trying to catch up with people who are already there“.
Saving Tip: Don’t feel pressured to live beyond your means just to “Keep up with the Joneses”
8. Jane Berry from ShoeStringCottage “That awkward moment when you leave a store without buying anything and all you can think is act natural, you’re innocent”.
Saving Tip: Some people can never leave a shop without buying something, even if they didn’t need it! Prevent impulse purchases by giving up shopping as a pastime. There are many fun things to do that are free. When you do need to shop always write (and stick to) a list! For more ideas go here
9. Clair Louise from Thrifty Clair
“Me: *buying a trolley load of groceries*
Checkout assistant: That’s £70 please, would you like some carrier bags?
Me: No thank you.
Me to me: I’d rather have this lot rattle around the boot and risk jar and packets exploding before parting with an extra 60p!”
Saving Tip: Don’t go to the Supermarket when you are hungry. You are more likely to impulse buy and spend money you don’t need to. For more tips go here.
10. Tracy and Taz from Mind Over Money Matters
“ I WRITE ALL MY JOKES IN CAPITALS. IN TOKYO AT THE MOMENT 💥”. Are you a capitalist by any chance? 😉Saving Tip: Use Air Miles to fly to places without the budget-busting fares. Imagine saving £5k on a Tokyo Business Class flight?”
If you have any money saving jokes or summer saving tips, please share.