Loyalty doesn’t usually pay, but it can with coffee and tea. The Costa Coffee Club Loyalty Club launched in March 2010 and is one of the largest loyalty clubs in the UK with over six million members. In this article, I review the Costa App & provide a promo code, plus detail on what the App can do, how you sign up to the Costa App, What is good about the Costa App, What is bad about the Costa App, a Costa free coffee promo code and my final verdict of the Costa App.
What does the Costa App do?
The Costa Club loyalty scheme was relaunched as an App in the Autumn of 2021, giving customers a simpler and more rewarding way to earn coffee Beans when buying their favourite cup of Costa coffee. You will earn a bean for every hot or cold crafted drink they buy – collect eight Beans and get your next barista-made drink for free!
Costa Store Locator
You can locate your nearest Costa Store by visiting here and putting in your address or postcode.
Is the Costa App free?
Costa App Promo Code
Download it here and use OE3WY and we both receive 5 beans (halfway to a free barista-made drink), once you make your first purchase.
How does the Costa Coffee App work?
The first step is to download the latest version of the Costa Coffee app via the App Store or the Google Play Store. Download it here and use OE3WY and we both receive 5 beans (halfway to a free barista-made drink). Then, you’ll need to set up your account or log in if you already have one.
In-store, follow the process to redeem your Costa rewards:
1. Open the app in a store and tap ‘Shop’. Scan the QR code that appears in the app at the till.
2. If you’re ordering from a Costa Express, tap ‘Machine’ in the app instead. Whilst your drink is being made, tap ‘Collect beans only’ and scan the code displayed on the machine’s screen.
3. You’ll get 1 bean with every Costa-crafted drink you buy. Just collect 8 beans to get a free costa coffee or barista-made drink!
Costa Reward code free drink
Download the Costa Reward here and use OE3WY and we both receive 5 beans (halfway to a free barista-made drink). You will be well on your way to a free costa coffee.
Free Costa cake on your birthday
On your birthday, you get a free slice of cake each year. Not bad at all! Follow the steps below to get it:
1. Opt into marketing, then let Costa know when your birthday is – tap ‘Settings’ then ‘View and edit birthday’ in the app.
2. When your birthday arrives, open the app and check the rewards screen. A voucher will be waiting for you to use on a cake of your choice.
3. Pop in store, tap the reward and then ‘Use now’. A QR code will appear for you to scan as normal at the till. Be aware, that the voucher will expire.
4. Should see a reward for your free drink as ‘Love Costa x (Free Drink)’ – click use at till and then simply scan the code generated in your app in-store.
Costa own cup
Costa rewards you for being eco-friendly, by bringing in your own cup. You buy 4 to get 1 free drink with a reusable cup (rather than the typical 8 for 1 free drink).
1. Come in-store and hand the barista your favourite reusable cup as you order.
2. Open the app and select ‘Shop’ to scan the QR code that appears as normal at the till.
3. You’ll get a bean in your account, plus an extra one for going green, helping you get your free barista-made drink faster.
How do you get a referral code?
Once you become a customer, under the App’s settings, click “Invite your friends”. Then send them the invite and you will both receive 5 beans after your friend has bought their first drink. Download it here and use OE3WY and we both receive 5 beans (halfway to a free barista-made drink).
How do I find my costa coffee club number on the app?
On the main App menu, just click “Shop” and your customer number will pop up below a barcode.
What is good about the Costa App?
The Costa App is easy to use and it is a well-designed App. It is also eco-friendly (Costa rewards you for bringing your own cup). In terms of its generosity, in the long run, you get 8 drinks, to get one free drink vs. Nero’s 10 drinks to get one free barista-made drink. See my Caffe Nero App review here.
What is bad about the Costa App?
In the short term, it is not as generous as the likes of Café Nero, which gives you a free drink when you make your first purchase. In terms of functionality, it does take a few times to understand how the App works, it is not as intuitive as other loyalty apps. I.e. Press shop to collect coffee beans and settings > refer a friend to refer a friend for the Costa App.
Overall Costa App Review
The Costa App is innovative and after a few goes, easy to use. It could offer a free drink once you download it and buy your first drink, but it has a good loyalty scheme for regular users (even for those who only use the Costa machines). I would recommend this App for regular Costa customers with a 7.5/10 rating. Download it here and use OE3WY and we both receive 5 beans (halfway to a free barista-made drink).
Other top referral links
*Enjoy a free cafe Nero coffee, free beer and almost a free pizza on me!
*Earn an impressive £50 joining bonus with ethical energy company Octopus Energy in the review article
*Rent out your spare space (from a garage to a parking space) with Stashbee and get £50
*Grab a free share (up to the value of £200) when joining FreeTrade
*Remortgaging or looking at a first-time mortgage? Enjoy a £100 amazon voucher when using the Trussle mortgage site
*Looking for a new Broadband contract at a cheaper rate? Check out some exclusive Broadband deals