In this article, I review Stashbee (the good, the bad, how to set up a listing, stashbee fees, what you can rent out as a Stashbee host, my overall Stashbee review and a referral code for £50 for us both). I hope it provides you an honest in-depth review of Stashbee.
Table of Contents
What is Stashbee?
Space has never been at such a premium, and we live in an era where people have more belongings than everbefore, most of us are hoarders. Stashbee reinvents how we store stuff for the sharing economy generation. Stashbee is an online sharing-economy platform for storage space based in Hackney, London. Since 2016, Stashbee has built a platform that connects people who have unused space with people who need it for parking or storage. They run verification checks, securely manage payments and offer 7 days a week support. Stashbee is like Airbnb, but for boxes.
What can you rent out as Stashbee host?
You can rent out space from parking space, garages, storage spaces, spare rooms, basements, long-term parking, sheds, motorbike storage to renting out your drive way to an electric car owner
My experience with Stashbee?
I was lucky to buy a flat with a garage, however, didn’t need to park my car inside it. I soon realised there was an opportunity to make some monthly income by renting this spare space out. After researching online storage sites near my area, I found the site Stashbee and decided to give it a go. I placed my listing, within two weeks, I found a client to use my storage facility, result! After the initial meeting with the potential customer, I was contacted by Stashbee by phone and email to check if a connection had been made and clarified payment terms – I was paid as promised, one month in arrears. Overall, it was a clear process, a tight contract that both parties signed online.
Trust Pilot Reviews of Stashbee
The independent Trust Pilot score is 4.5/5 which is promising. Most customers comment on the easy to use and affordable service with a great website.
Stashbee Contact Number
The number is +44 800 112 3898.
What’s positive about Stashbee?
- They remove the risk of renting the garage out independently
- It takes less time and effort to find a new customer
- Their website is easy to navigate and your photos don’t take a long time to upload.
- It’s easy to make a little extra on unused space without worrying about contracts/agreements and getting paid on time
- You can make refer friends and family and be rewarded £50 per successful booking.
What are the Stashbee fees?
Expect Stashbee to pay you £150 – £250 a month for outer London for a standard garage. The Stashbee fees in details are the Host Commission is set to 5% (incl. VAT) of the Price charged by the Host for use of the Storage / Parking Space. The Renter Commission is set to 20% (incl. VAT) of the Fee for Monthly Rolling Bookings and 25% (incl. VAT) of the Fee for Hourly Bookings.
What’s are the negatives about Stashbee?
- Stashbee keep the cash for an additional month – I was paid 6 weeks after the first booking
- Stashbee know the rights of the guest (in terms of belongings insurance) but less on the host’s rights (in terms of any damage). *This may be clearer now, but wasn’t at the time.
- The commission rate is quite high fees are 24% fees of the total amount monthly. I do appreciate they have platform and employee costs.
How do you set up a listing on Stashbee?
1. Create a listing *Include lots of detail, a competitive price and clear photos of the space
2. Add your bank details
3. Start meeting guests and show them the space
4. If you are both happy, communicate to Stashbee via the site
5. Both of you sign the online contract
6. Give over the keys to the guest and that’s it
Overall verdict of my Stashbee review
Over the year, I am making some good passive income for a space I don’t normally use. Barring a slightly high commission rate, I give Stashbee a review of 4 out of 5 stars. To find out more about my experience, check out how I rented out my garage here. Check out the BBC’s verdict and Tech Round article on Stashbee.
Stashbee Promo code
Thinking of renting out a spare space after reading this article? Get a free £50 bonus for hosting with Stashbee. N.B. I will get £50 too.
Other referral codes & Storage articles
*Fancy hosting an Airbnb experience? check out my article here
*Read how to rent out your garage in the UK
*Consider renting out accommodation space on AirBnB and get a sign up bonus
*Enjoy a free coffee, free beer and almost a free pizza on me with some free codes to enter
*Feast on £20 off your first Hellofresh order, tasty ingredients delivered to your door for fine meals
*Grab a free share (up to the value of £200) when joining up to FreeTrade
*Remortgaging or looking at a first-time mortgage? Enjoy a £100 amazon voucher when using the Trussle mortgage site