Terms and Conditions.
GreatDealsMadeEasy does not request any personal information unless you want to leave a comment, be notified when a new article is published or send me a message.
Leaving a Comment on an article
By leaving a comment, you accept:
- that it will be published at the bottom of the article;
- that I may use information from your comment in later research;
- that I may also use it in other articles on an anonymous basis where you cannot be identified.
The “Name” field is published, so consider using just your first name or an alias if your comment contains sensitive information. If you accidentally used your full name, please leave another comment asking me to delete your surname.
The “Email Address” is not published and I do not verify email addresses.
I can see your IP address when you leave a comment. This is not published. It helps me tell when someone is posting multiple comments; it may sometimes help me to identify trolls, and it can indicate if someone is posting from outside the UK.
It is my decision whether or not to post comments and whether to edit them. As general guidelines:
- I do not publish comments that I consider are offensive, unhelpful, promoting an unwise course of action, spammy or simply unkind if you are critical of other people.
- I operate a policy that commenters are not allowed to name the individual they are dealing with at a firm and I may edit your comment to delete a name.
- I sometimes delete old comments if I consider this will improve the experience of people reading these pages.
- I will remove any personal information such as phone numbers and address if these have been placed in the comment.
- When you leave a comment it is held for approval. You will receive an automatic email thanking you for your comment and saying that I will respond if appropriate
Subscribing to The GreatDealsMadeEasy
If you subscribe to the RSS feed you will receive an email when a new article is published or when a comment is added to a page. If you no longer wish to receive these, at the bottom of each email there is an Unsubscribe option which will delete your email address from the subscription list.
If you subscribe to the newsletter, they are sent out periodically, typically no more than 6 times a year. There is an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of these emails.
Accessing your data (Subject Access Request)
If you want to see a copy of the information I hold about you, you are entitled to do this under section 7 of the Data Protection Act. To request this, please me email at [email protected] with “SAR” in the title.
Please specify the Name and Email address you used so I can locate your information. The law permits me one calendar month to respond to a Subject Access Request.
The email needs to come from the email address you used, so I can be sure that I am not sending personal data to the wrong person.
If you no longer have access to the email account you used, you can email me from a different account but you will need to specify the email address you used or I will not be able to locate the information. I will only send you this information if you used your first name and surname on the data and if you provide me with proof of your identity such as a photograph of your passport or driving license to confirm this name.
GreatDealsMadeEasy contains many links to outside sites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of these sites to The GreatDealsMadeEasy links. If you arrived at GreatDealsMadeEasy from a third party site, I am not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site. You must check the policy of each site you visit and contact it if you have concerns or questions.
Licensing & Copyright
GreatDealsMadeEasy name and logo are trademarked. The name and logo can only be used with my express written permission. Legal action will be taken against anyone who breaches this copyright.
I have copyright over all the text in the articles other than where a text has been reproduced, such as re blogging. Where I do not have copyright over such posts, this will be clearly marked as to where the text has come from.
- If you are a non-commercial organisation, you may quote small pieces from a The GreatDealsMadeEasy article (but not reprint whole articles) freely if you credit me appropriately, see Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs for details. If you are unsure please contact me – and I will probably be happy to share what you are producing!
- If you are a commercial organisation, please contact me.
The pictures on The GreatDealsMadeEasy come from a wide variety of sources. A few have no copyright restrictions but many of them do. If you want to use a picture in an article you are writing, please contact me. You can share any pictures on Pinterest or elsewhere if you link back to the relevant GreatDealsMadeEasy page.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
On some pages, there may be “embedded content” from another site such as a YouTube video or Twitter. These sites may set their own cookies.
The GreatDealsMadeEasy uses the following social media sites:
To complement the www.greatdealsmadeeasy.com website.
GreatDealsMadeEasy follows people of interest. This is, in the main those who are are active in the consumer or retail field. However, there are some people who are followed who have been followed for a long time since GreatDealsMadeEasy started.
Social media is used to:
- Share the latest information and news about saving money online.
- Promote GreatDealsMadeEasy’s articles.
- Exchange ideas about consumer issues.
- Pass on information from relevant individuals and bodies in the same area of work.
- Ask public opinion on consumer matters.
The GreatDealsMadeEasy will always try to respond to tweets, emails, comments on the blog and messages. This is not always possible however, as The GreatDealsMadeEasy is not funded to provide any service for free. Responses will not be provided within any set timescales although if someone is to receive a reply it is usually with 48 hours and mostly within 24. Some tweets are scheduled and so replies to replies may be delayed. Responses to queries for advice will often include a link to GreatDealsMadeEasy and the relevant pages to help.
GreatDealsMadeEasy will sometimes link or refer people to other sites and is not responsible for the content on any other site and neither the site nor content is endorsed.
GreatDealsMadeEasy occasionally will take on sponsored posts from suitable Brands.
GreatDealsMadeEasy are not responsible for the content on any other site and neither the site nor content is endorsed.
GreatDealsMadeEasy will not to respond under any circumstances to anyone who is:
- Making unfounded accusations
- Offensive (such as making sexist, homophobic or racist comments)
Accounts which indulge in this behaviour will be ignored and usually muted.
The GreatDealsMadeEasy reserves the right to not publish any comment on the blog which breaks the rules above.